Page 2 of 2

Creating Urgency

The Urgent Trap

The concept of the playoff game makes sense, in a way.  You have a league that’s far too big for every team to play each other on equal footing over the course of a season, so you take the top teams from what we call a regular season and have them play a series of games that decide who the top team is overall.

Not all sports force this convention though.  Most notably, in soccer, the English Premiere League (EPL) treats the entire season as a tournament of the 20 best teams with each team playing every other team once


I’m checking my Facebook feed a lot less frequently these days and I know I’m not alone.  It’s election season.

Now before you get all up in my face about freedom of speech and creating a national dialog, give me just a minute to present my case.

So what exactly bothers me? Status updates like, “If he could lead as half as well as he can speak, things would be so much better for him and the country” or “I feel weird today.  It’s like 47% of me wants to lie around and have welfare babies and the other 53%

Welcome to Kerning Pairs

I’ll be your host, Rob Fredley. For the last 20 years of my life I’ve been a designer, developer, and all around web guy.  For the last 11 of those years, my focus has been refined to ecommerce, branding, and developing sites and systems that marry customer needs with retailer desires. In that time, I’ve amassed quite a bit of knowledge, learned and developed best practices, and have the perspective of being one of those people that’s been doing this since the very beginning.

The realization that I should be writing this stuff down came to me about 4 years

Page 2 of 2

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén